Take an adventure into the sea with these free algae coloring pages.
This page has free coloring sheets with illustrations of many different types of algae, including euglenoids, fire, green, red, and brown (like seaweed and kelp).
Algae come in a variety of colors so that kids can get creative with their coloring choices.
They can also use different colors to represent the different types of algae.
For example, they could use green for green algae, red for red algae, and brown for brown algae.
Algae are a diverse group of aquatic plants.
These coloring pages are a fun and educational way for kids to learn about their importance and essential role in the marine ecosystem.
Algae produce oxygen, absorb carbon dioxide, and provide food and shelter for marine animals.
With various algae coloring page drawings to choose from, kids can let their imaginations run wild as they color these amazing plants, all while improving their fine motor skills.
Click here to be taken to the bottom of the post for some fun facts about algae and what to do with your finished pages.
Printable Algae Coloring Page PDFs
To print these coloring pages, just click on the image or title and your PDF will open in a new tab.
From there you can print the high resolution page.
The PDFs are in standard US letter size but will also fit on A4 paper.
These printables are for personal, non-commercial use only.
Various aquatic plants dancing in the ocean water.
A fun algae with interesting texture and shape color, with other seaweed types. I think bright colors will work well for this coloring page.
A large, ruffled algae plant swishing amongst ocean currents.
Maybe each layer of ocean current can be colored a different shade?
This page has more fun algae textures and shapes to color.
This tubular algae is a neat type of seaweed.
A cute crab plays in the ocean water with the algae plants.
Various types of marine life, including a sea snail, and a cute fish who swims among some algae.
Are you looking for ideas on what to do with your finished algae pages?
Paste these finished seaweed coloring pages onto a poster board as a background. Then, glue your finished shark and platypus coloring pages to the poster board to make your own cool ocean-themed design.
Here are some interesting facts about algae.
- Did you know certain types of algae grow in the dark? They produce a bioluminescent chemical.
- This glow in the dark effect is used as a defense mechanism. This bioluminescence is the same effect that you see in fireflies.
- Algae are one of the oldest living things on Earth, having been around for over 3 billion years!
- They can be found in salt water, like oceans and fresh water like lakes and ponds. They can also be found on land, like on rocks.
- Algae is important for the environment because they produce oxygen, which we need to breathe. They also help to clean water.
- They come in all shapes and sizes. Some algae are microscopic, while others can grow to be very large.
Don’t forget to Pin it for later!